We announced a strategic partnership with P3 Group at CES 2023: Profilence QA Suite is used to discover hard-to-find stability, reliability, and performance issues in their SPARQ OS automotive infotainment platform.
The following video provides an overview of what a quality analytics run means in practice:
- In the first half of the video, the QA suite is modeling driver behavior by issuing UI events to SPARQ OS and collecting data from the system (this part of the video has been time-accelerated).
- In the second half of the video, QA results are examined in the dashboard.
The QA run took 16.4 hours, which equals 19 days of car usage (an average American driver uses his/her vehicle 52 minutes per day). Profilence QA suite discovered various stability issues, such as:
- Maps application leaked resources and crashed every few hours.
- The entire system UI crashed due to problems with the Map application.
- Crashes in different parts of the Bluetooth subsystem.
These are good examples of issues that go easily unnoticed in regular functional tests and can only be found when long-term stability analysis is performed.
The benefits to P3 and SPARQ OS licensees are various:
- When QA runs are performed systematically for each software release, product managers get a 360 view into software quality trends and most pressing issues. Estimating market-readiness and end-user satisfaction becomes easier.
- With the comprehensive technical data collected during QA runs, engineering teams can start fixing the issues immediately, as there is no need to reproduce them. The time from issue discovery to fixing is greatly reduced.
- QA runs are done in laboratory conditions, and data is immediately available for analysis. Instead of waiting for field trial results that take weeks to arrive and are often incomplete, issues can be discovered and fixed in days.
- QA scope extends beyond the infotainment system and covers ECUs and other interconnected subsystems.
Our experts are happy to tell you more about the QA suite and its benefits across the automotive value chain; get in touch with us, and let’s talk!